Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jensthms
New Contributor

SD WAN issue

I was trying to do SD WAN cofiguration in fortinet VM(6.0) in gns3 before going live in production. But i cant add members to SDWAN, it shows error FAILED DEPENDENCY. What could be the reason?. I also checked whether the interface adding is there in any policy. I can add one interface to SDWAN,when adding second one it shows failed dependency error.

2 Solutions
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Try diagnose sys cmdb refcnt show system.interface.name <interface name>

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Possible suggestion:

Add port2 to the SDWAN by itself and save that cfg then load an unencrypted backup copy into a text editor and add port3 to the SDWAN members.  Load that back into the fgt vm - try to monitor the console output while it is booting and/or perform diagnose debug config-error-log read at the CLI after you gain access the console.

The above method is ugly in my opinion, but may work.  I recall an old bug from the 4.3/5.0 days where just doing something in the GUI causes certain interfaces to "become dependence".  That said, as a suggestion it maybe remotely possible that this problem is browser related - try using a different browser.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jensthms
New Contributor

I also checked whether it is referenced anywhere but cant find anything.

Leen
New Contributor III

backup your fortigate and use a text editor to scan through the backup text file.

items to look for

- port 9 HA enabled

- ntp setup on interface

- user that has the interface on it's gui defined

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Possible suggestion:

Add port2 to the SDWAN by itself and save that cfg then load an unencrypted backup copy into a text editor and add port3 to the SDWAN members.  Load that back into the fgt vm - try to monitor the console output while it is booting and/or perform diagnose debug config-error-log read at the CLI after you gain access the console.

The above method is ugly in my opinion, but may work.  I recall an old bug from the 4.3/5.0 days where just doing something in the GUI causes certain interfaces to "become dependence".  That said, as a suggestion it maybe remotely possible that this problem is browser related - try using a different browser.

jensthms

Thank you Dave, it worked at last . Followed your steps and also used chrome this time, now settings got saved. Earlier i was using firefox. Thank you guys for all your suggestions.

jensthms
New Contributor

I also checked the above things. But same issue. Attaching the config file below.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors