Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zoriax
Contributor

SD-WAN Failback

Hi Everyone !

My question is simple.

I'm looking for a way to configure a failback with SD-WAN. More globally, I have some services which requires a specific WAN IP so when something occurs on this WAN, I don't need the SD-WAN Failover.

As I can see, it's effectively possible to add a specific SD-WAN Rule and select only one WAN interface but when this interface goes down, it automatically reach the second WAN Interface (due to implicite SD-WAN rule). It's not a problem but how can I failback on the first interface when it comes up again ? 

Maybe  it's not possible by design but in the fact it should be interesting to have this option.

Many thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
yabrebeny
New Contributor

change the administrative distance on the WAN1 interface if they are all going to the same destination.

zoriax
Contributor

As I can seen, I can affect this behaviour by configuring snat 

config system global

set snat-route-change enable

end

But this affect all the connections. What I'm looking for is this behaviour but only for one device

zoriax

Hi !

It's not due to administrative distance. I think the best way to do that is to set snat. But it affect all the connections. What I'm looking for is to have this behaviour only for one LAN IP for example.

FortiGab
New Contributor II

Hello, did you solve the problem?

Living our FortiLife
Living our FortiLife
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors