Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hdoolittle
New Contributor

Routing voice between spoke points and hub Fortigates

We have a 100D as the hub and 60D's at spoke locals. Trying to find information on routing voice from one spoke to another via the hub.

OR

instruction on a Mesh configuration.

All I'm finding thus far, is for SIP configuration and we are not using SIP. Just basic internet connections.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
mmishra_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

First to create VPN tunnels

1>Create two IPSEC on HUB for each branch

2>Keep quick mode selectors on all these VPN to 0.0.0.0/0, this is not neccessary but simplifies configuration to a great extent

3>VPN should be in interface/route mode

Now to allow traffic from one branch to other via HUB there are two methods:

a>Create policies from Branch_one VPN interface to Branch_two VPN interface and vice versa

b> Create VPN concentrator

config vpn ipsec concentrator edit <concentrator_name> set member <member_name> [member_name] [member_name] end

Things which need to be configured carefully:

->Routes on branch_one for HUB and branch_two network with device as VPN interface ->Routes on branch_two for HUB and branch_one network with device as VPN interface ->Routes on HUB: a> Route to branch_one network with device as VPN interface for branch_one VPN b> Route to branch_two network with device as VPN interface for branch_two VPN

->Make sure firewall policies have correct source and destination networks specified which need to traverse through

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

My thoughts,

VoIP is sensitive to delay and packet lost. If you route voice traffic from spoke1 ----->hub------->spoke2 you increase the following;

1>more delay

2>more of a possibility to plos ( packet lost )

3>more QoS issues to content with

4>more link utilization that increase item#1 & #2 and mainly the later plos

Even if the remote-branches have a local PBC switch, you would better to route  voice direct to the 2nd enpoint or cut-thru

just my  general opinion.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
hdoolittle

emnoc: This was my reason for adding the second part to my question of a Mesh network. Since the 60D has an additional WAN interface, should look at this as my preferred config? If so, have you setup a Mesh network w/combos of 100D and 60D's?

Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors