Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fto
New Contributor

Routing issue over wan

Hi all

I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have two Fortigates connected via ipsec vpn.

Site B's internal interface is 192.168.3.0/24 , wifi is 10.1.2.0/24

Site A's internal interface is 192.168.2.0/24

I have setup firewall policies and static routes for these ip ranges to the VPN objects in each Fortigate.

Clients on the internal interfaces can ping / communicate with the other sides internal interface, but clients on the Site B's wifi cannot.

I have also updated the remote subnet address group to include the 10.1.2.0/24 in site A's firewall policy

Would this be because in my vpn tunnel phase 2 I have specified the local and remote ip ranges instead of using 0.0.0.0/0 ?

A tracert from Site B's wifi to Site A's internal will show the first hop as hitting the wifi interface ip at site B , then nothing

Thanks for any assistance

1 Solution
hklb
Contributor II

Did you specify the both subnet in quick mode selector (you can create 2 phase2) ? you should have:

192.168.2.0/24 - 192.168.3.0/24

192.168.2.0/24 - 10.1.2.0/24

Lucas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hklb
Contributor II

Did you specify the both subnet in quick mode selector (you can create 2 phase2) ? you should have:

192.168.2.0/24 - 192.168.3.0/24

192.168.2.0/24 - 10.1.2.0/24

Lucas

Fto
New Contributor

Hi Lucas

No I didn't, I am guessing this is the cause of my issue.

I am unable to add a second phase 2 selector in the web gui by the looks without redoing the vpn setup.

Am I able to just edit the phase 2 in CLI and change it from specified ip ranges to 0.0.0.0/0 and expect it to behave?

Thanks

hklb
Contributor II

Which firmware do you use ?

you can create the second phase2-interface in CLI (config vpn ipsec phase2-interface, and copy your first phase2 configuration)

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

And you should beable to craft the 2nd phaseintf and bind it to the named phase1.  What the previous poster stated is what I find the easiest. use the cli and copy the 1st phase2-cfg, rename it xxxxx-002 and change the appropiate  src/dst subnet and paste it in.

Than your diag debug vpn tunnel list name <xyz> will show the  additional  phase2 statistics.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Fto
New Contributor

Thanks all

I edited the phase 2 vpn and used unset , to unset the ip ranges, this took them back to 0.0.0.0/0, and it is now working as expected

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors