Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhdganji
Contributor II

Remote Logging license on 200F series

Hi,

There is a 200F firewall with no online license (has expired). While going to enable remote logging it comes back to disabled after applying. Is there any special license (just online license enough or even needs more licenses) to enable this feature on a 200F firewall?

Regards,

M. Ganji, Network & Security Expert.
1 Solution
aahmadzada
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please use this document to configure syslog on Fortigate
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-Configuring-multiple-SYSLOG-servers/ta-p/...

No license is needed for that functionality.

Ahmad

Ahmad

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Could you please share a screenshot of the page where you are enabling remote logging?

Best regards,

Jin

mhdganji

Capture.JPG

seshuganesh

Hi Team,

Under dashboard>>status you will get fortigate cloud login option.

please login and then activate here.

By default you will have forticloud 7 days logging storage

mhdganji

Hi,

This is not what I want to do. I'd like to enable this option and send the logs to my internal syslog solution such as Solarwinds or so.

aahmadzada
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please use this document to configure syslog on Fortigate
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-Configuring-multiple-SYSLOG-servers/ta-p/...

No license is needed for that functionality.

Ahmad

Ahmad
mhdganji

Thanks, seems it is working of course first you need to issue the command override-settings then the options will show up. If you don't mind, please let me fully test it and then accept the solution in order to have a complete and exact discussion.

Regards,

mhdganji

and BTW, is it possible to send the logs of a VDOM using the ip set on another one?I don't want to use a dedicated link/IP as source for the main VDOM I need logs instead I like to send them from the root/MGMT vdom if possible.

As a matter of fact I don't know how to configure a source IP for my logs to be sent while my main VDOM (logs needed there) are just the IP and interfaces related to my servers. Do I need to setup another physical link for that or secondary IP on the existing ones?

Regards

aahmadzada
Staff
Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors