Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mda
New Contributor

Remote Access with Native Android/IOS/Windows clients not working with load balancing

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup remote access for offsite clients without use of the Forticlient (We were mandated to use the built-in Android/IOS/Windows PC default clients). I am trying this on both a Fortigate 50E and 60E and 5.4.3 and 5.4.4

I've noticed that when using the WAN Load Balancing feature, I cannot create a remote access IPSEC tunnel with the IPSEC Wizard.

However, when the load balancing feature is off (the WAN links are not behind the load balancer), the IPSEC Wizard works and the clients can connect.

With the load balancing feature on, I have tried to copy the settings from the built in templates and creating my own custom tunnel (as well as copying the policies that the IPSEC Wizard automatically generated), but to no success. It gives me a vague blue popup in the lower right hand corner of the screen "Unable to setup VPN"

It seems that I should be configuring the WAN Load Balancing feature first before creating the IPSEC Tunnel, since I can no longer add the WAN link to the load balance interface after I have previously added a tunnel from it.

I have used this as basis thus far.

http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-configuring-an-ipsec-vpn-for-ios-devices

Would anyone have any recommendations on what I should be doing?

Thanks a lot, and for helping me out on my previous thread! :)

Fortigate 60E (5.4.4)

Fortigate 50E (5.4.4)

Fortigate 60E (5.4.4) Fortigate 50E (5.4.4)
0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors