Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joepope
New Contributor III

Recommended FGT Firmware Version

I have multiple FGT's which all are running 5.4.8 right now.  I am wondering if I should upgrade to 5.6 or 6.0 (or stay at 5.4).

Is there a Fortinet "Recommended" Firmware Version list somewhere?  Other firewall vendors do publish a "recommended" major version for stability.  I just cannot find Fortinet's anywhere!

Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I never heard of "Fortinet Recommended version" unlike Cisco, Juniper, etc. We're running 5.4.8 for most of our gears. But the fact is even 5.6.3 still has an upgrade problem that might wipe out all PSKs of IPSec VPNs, so we're still waiting for the next 5.6.4. 6.0 was just released this month. I wouldn't even consider going to the brand-new major version unless a new deployment has to have some of the new features 6.0 offers. It's too risky for us.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

say here's a recommend list does not list. You need to read release notes , stays away from  1st builds and read the known issues.

Fortinet should produce a recommend list similar to junOS and the SRX platforms imho

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors