Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maasseen
New Contributor

Reasons why you should not buy a Fortimail

1. You will still get spam and no matter what you do it just keeps coming.

2. You call support and report said SPAM and they either blame you, tell you that you need another license, or change a setting that breaks something else.

3. You will spend a lot of your companies money and after they have the product a while you will be fired for incompetence.

4. You could burn the money and have the same results.

5. Because it like everything else Fortinet will sound great in sales meetings and fail to perform. Case in point is my wireless that still cannot handle streaming media or my Fortiswitch that failed after trying to update the firmware brand new out of the box (thanks for shipping old junk)

6. Cisco

If I am wrong I would love to retract my statements but 6 months into my job and I have to monitor the fortimail every day for hours while valid email gets held up and SPAM walks right through it. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them because I am about ready to rip my gear out.

1 Solution
Hosemacht

We have a FortiMail for 8 year now and we never had an issue with spam or malware.

sure it may take some skills and time to fit it to your requirements, set up Dictionary filters, bounce verification, Sender Reputation session Limits …..and so on.

Maybe you have an issue with Fortinet in General, but the only reason in my opinion why you should not buy a FortiMail is because you already have one!

cheers

sudo apt-get-rekt

View solution in original post

sudo apt-get-rekt
4 REPLIES 4
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Hi Travis,

A lot to unpack here, and clearly this is not just a FortiMail problem you are trying to resolve so lets see if I can help unpick the problems.

Can you DM me the support ticket IDs and I will take a look to see if there is anything we can do to help out.  

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I 've had the total opposite. We've used FML in email solutions where over 100-500K of mail messages are delivered per -day and spam catch rates where high ( GreyListing and SPFs was the top 2 ) and in reputation checks we did good in that area also.

1. You will still get spam and no matter what you do it just keeps coming.

SPAM will never be 100% block for all spam sources &  that would be wishful thinking. this is true  no matter what/who the vendor is.

2. You call support and report said SPAM and they either blame you, tell you that you need another license, or change a setting that breaks something else.

never had that issues fwiw

3. You will spend a lot of your companies money and after they have the product a while you will be fired for incompetence.

Sounds like a issue with your job, company or management and nothing todo with  FTNT 

4. You could burn the money and have the same results.

Again sounds like internal issues or bad management of the email sec appliance or poor deployment 

6. Cisco

Here  I agree the  ironport is  the leader in  accuracy and total market shares but ironpoint does not fix everybody nor avoidable in some regards

just my 2cts  opinions for the above posted items

Curious to  see what your issues are  and I agreed cisco  are much better imho ,  but the FTNT product is NOT bad by any means. EmailLaundry would be the next best thing if I did not have $$$$$$s for cisco or a high dolalr cloud security services.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Travis,

Not had any response from you on this.  Let me know if you need any support.

Carl

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Hosemacht

We have a FortiMail for 8 year now and we never had an issue with spam or malware.

sure it may take some skills and time to fit it to your requirements, set up Dictionary filters, bounce verification, Sender Reputation session Limits …..and so on.

Maybe you have an issue with Fortinet in General, but the only reason in my opinion why you should not buy a FortiMail is because you already have one!

cheers

sudo apt-get-rekt

sudo apt-get-rekt
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors