Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kevlarit
New Contributor II

RDP Native via SSLVPN Quirks

Hello, I'm new to the forum but attempted searching for the solution ahead of time. I am setting up our new 300D and noticed a few quirks that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

When using RDP native bookmarks via SSL VPN in web mode, the links do not work on the first attempt. When clicking the bookmarks for the first time it hangs on 'securing connection'. However, if I log out and log back in, the bookmark will work fine. Note that this is specific to the bookmark that I have attempted to use once. If I log back in but haven't attempted one of the bookmarks I get the same 'securing connection' until my next login and attempt of using the bookmark.

Also, just a minor annoyance, when I am using RDP via an SSL VPN connection the header bar is labeled 127.0.0.1 regardless of which server/pc I am connected to. Is there any way to get the computer name in the header as you would if normally RDP'ing to a box?

Sorry again if these have already been answered. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
kevlarit
New Contributor II

Maybe this needs to a support ticket? I appreciate any input someone may have. Thanks guys.

jb_kalm
Contributor

Hi, this does seem like a strange issue. What firmware version is the Fortigate running?

Thanks,

jb

kevlarit
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. It is running v5.2.2,build642. This is a brand new device that shipped with version 5.0 I believe. We upgraded the firmware to the latest as soon as we received it and are configuring it now.

jb_kalm
Contributor

Hi kevlarit, maybe you can try looking in the crashlog. If you are using putty or secureCRT configure the logging so that it logs all output to a file. Then from the CLI (using putty or secureCRT) run "diag debug crashlog read". That should save your current crashlog to your logs in case support needs it (I think there are some support folks on these forums too). Then clear it using "diag debug crashlog clear".

Now try to run into the issue you were having before with the RDP native bookmarks. If the issue happens again then check the crashlog with "diag debug crashlog read". See if anything sticks out in the crashlog now.

Thanks,

jb

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors