Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
patrickwilson82
New Contributor

Quarantine Report

Hi there,

My personal quarantine reports don't seem to be working. Even when I try to manually send one out by user, nothing happens. I also verified that I have the check mark enabled under the Antispam Action Profile that I currently have set up. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

7 REPLIES 7
Dirty_Wizard_FTNT

1. Make sure there are new items in that user's quarantine since the last report or else nothing will be delivered, even on-demand.

2. Ensure that user has 'receive spam report' enabled in their preferences (User > User Preferences).

3. (Assuming 5.3 firmware) Ensure that the first-matching incoming recipient policy has an AntiSpam Profile with the default action set to a  profile with send quarantine report enabled. On 5.4 this setting is on the Resource Profile.

patrickwilson82

I have verified that these settings are enabled, but I'm still not getting the quarantine report email.

abelio

patrickwilson82 wrote:

I have verified that these settings are enabled, but I'm still not getting the quarantine report email.

Use LOGS to help your debugging.

Under Monitor-<Logs->Event ,  could you search for a keyword 'SpamReport'

'Message' field could give you a clue.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
patrickwilson82

I tried that, and according to the logs its sending them out. Or at least it thinks it is. But it also sending them to users who are no longer valid user accounts on our system. The bigger problem though, is that no one is actually getting them. I even checked the message trace on my Zimbra server, and these messages don't show up at all in the Zimbra logs.

Dirty_Wizard_FTNT

Check the SMTP logs for the report delivery. Do you see it accepted by the next hop? Perhaps it is rejected due to null sender field. You can set an envelope from by editing the quarantine report template.

patrickwilson82

So it's sending the report out. But it appears that since we turned on LDAP it's now requiring the user to sign in to view their entire quarantine folder, where it didn't do that before. Their standard credentials for active directory don't appear to work. Any ideas?

Dirty_Wizard_FTNT

Confirm that LDAP authentication is succeeding with test queries when editing the LDAP Profile.

The default LDAP user query for AD schema will check for mail and proxyAddresses attributes. So use the full email address.

Once that is confirmed, ensure the LDAP Profile is set under 'Authentication and Access' on the first-matching incoming Recipient Policy and 'Allow quarantined email access through webmail' is enabled.

If you want, you can give users access without authentication through the report link if 'Time limited access without authentication' is enabled under AntiSpam > Quarantine.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors