Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ranishemer
New Contributor

Put a Fortinet FortiWiFi 60 C as a Access Point

Good Day to all Community How is everybody? I hope good! I am new to this forum ! and I have a very specific case I need your assistance and help if possible. I own a product Fortinet ( FortiWiFi 60C ), I want to know it is how to put this product as Acces Point behind a Switch? objective: I want to do with that product is put as an Access Point, as all the other Access Point works! and put it behind a Switch and implement it in a specific department. Utlize the guide "Inserting a FortiGate unit without changing the network configuration (Transparent mode)" this guide helped me a lot and allow connect to internet ! But the topology presented is behind a router . I have not achieved yet is the internconexion in with the other devices on the LAN

That 's what I do. As I can realize that? I hope for your comments

P.S: is my first time using a Forinet Product so i don´t know how to use the command line well

3 REPLIES 3
GusTech
Contributor II

Hello, and welcome. I will recommend you to upgrade to the latest firmware of 60C.

No problem, if your only goal is to setup 60C as AP in the same network, look away from the.

You can just create wifi network with "bridge" to local. Remember to set the correct gateway in the 60C.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
ranishemer

BrUz wrote:

Hello, and welcome. I will recommend you to upgrade to the latest firmware of 60C.

No problem, if your only goal is to setup 60C as AP in the same network, look away from the.

You can just create wifi network with "bridge" to local. Remember to set the correct gateway in the 60C.

Where i can update the firmware?

here are additional data about the router WiFi in the images below!

ranishemer

Second image

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors