Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cbabfat
New Contributor III

Push Authentication

What firewall ports are used for push authentication?

We use Cisco AnyConnect and use the FortiAuth for 2 factor.  If the users phone is on the corporate network, then it will communicate with the FortiAuthenticator for 2 factor with push messages.  If the phone is connected to the public network, then it fails.  Where are the server name settings specified that the app is going to use to communicate back to the Authenticator?

SOMEBODY has to have the detailed process.  My support ticket has been open for over a week with no response.

Chris

1 Solution
cbabfat
New Contributor III

This is what I got:

Hi,  Sorry for the delay. FortiToken Mobile (FTM) push authentication does not work when the port "Public IP/FQDN for FortiToken Mobile" in System > Administration > System Access is changed to anything besides 443 (e.g. 10443).  If FAC is behind an upstream device kindly make sure to forward the ports 2195, 5223 and 2196 to FAC IP. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed, FTNT could take some the best points from these systems and leverage it into teh FORTIxxxxx  products that they make. They could easily beat out the competition and win even more imho.

From a security  outfit they still have a long way to  go  but time will tell.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Cyrielr

Hi cbabfat,

I'm exactly on this question then Thanks for your feedback.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors