Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fleminsa
New Contributor

Problems using Forticlient with MAC OSX Monterey

I am unable to launch Forticlient with MAC OS Monterey.  Whenever I try to connect I get the prompt, open security & privacy settings and allow system software from Fortitray.  When I go there there isn't anything for me to allow fortitray.  

18 REPLIES 18
Altheman
New Contributor II

I had a similar issue when a couple vendors using MAC OS Monterey needed VPN accounts.

I followed this article for reference.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.1/macos-release-notes/223986/special-notices

The steps I followed from the article to resolve my issue were to allow FortiClient and fctservctl2 Full Disk Access. FortiClient was already in the list, but I had to add fctservctl2 by clicking the add button and navigating to /Library/Application\ Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/bin/

Altheman
Altheman
fleminsa

Tried that.  Same issue.

2048tm

I have the same issue. Thank you.

cupcake 2048

FreddyE
New Contributor II

That doesn't work on MacOS Monterey 12.4 and FortiClient 7.0.5.0166.

FreddyE_0-1656265538939.png

The strange thing is that it doesn't matter if you put correct or incorrect values in the username and password, it always returns the same message, I think it doesn't even try to make the request to the server, it is stopped before by the certificate (which certificate? I have no idea).

Cheers,

FreddyE
New Contributor II

Altheman
New Contributor II

What about allowing the FortiTray to load?mac_os_allow_fortitray.jpg

Altheman
Altheman
fleminsa
New Contributor

That doesn't show up at all.  

Altheman
New Contributor II

If you go to System Preferences and then Security & Privacy is the Allow option available for "FortiTray"?

fortitray_allow.jpg

Altheman
Altheman
fleminsa

No.  What you circled is not there nor is the statement system software from application fortitray was blocked from loading.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors