Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
acsuser
New Contributor

Port mirroring

Hi I am looking for a Fortigate with port mirroring functionality and i cant find any information about what models can do this, can the 60d do this or do i need to look for a bigger appliance? 

Thanks

1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

The Fotinet Feature/Platform Matrix shows which devices have hardware switches:

http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-fortios-5.6-feature-platform-matrix

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Big_Abe

Lionel - did you find a resolution - I'm trying to do exactly that. (FGT 800C -> Trend DDI) 

Cheers. 

FCNSP

-------------------------------------

"They have us surrounded again, those poor bastards."

-Unnamed Medic

FCNSP ------------------------------------- "They have us surrounded again, those poor bastards." -Unnamed Medic
ergotherego

Is there a document that lists all models that have hardware switches?

Does the ISF (inter-switch fabric) count as a hardware switch?

neonbit
Valued Contributor

The Fotinet Feature/Platform Matrix shows which devices have hardware switches:

http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-fortios-5.6-feature-platform-matrix

adogra
New Contributor

Hi Guys.

I'm using fortigate 200D firmware 5.4.1 in HA mode. Need to attach Darktrace appliance for network analysis and deep inspection. Could anyone please advice how if I can use fortigate 200 D and span/port mirror to another interface.

2) can I use multiple existing ports like  WAN1, other ports  in firewall to mirror onto 1 interface in FW. That I can use for deep inspection for appliance?

3) If yes to above query how?

I found below cmds for span 

WF30D (internal) # set type switch Switch. hub Hub.   I still tried to configure SPAN on it which it allowed me to do, but I can't get it to work:   config system switch-interface edit "internal" set member "lan1" "lan3" "lan4"   ( does it mean 3 ports are active in internal switch or are they firewall actual interface?) set span enable set span-dest-port "lan1" set span-source-port "lan4" next  

Thanks

A

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors