Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sims
New Contributor III

Per policy and security policy

Hi ,

When you set a traffic shaper to be per policy, the FortiGate applies the traffic shaping rules defined to each security policy individually. For example, if a traffic shaper is set to per policy, with a maximum bandwidth of 1000 Kbps, any security policies that have that traffic shaper enabled get 1000 Kbps of bandwidth each. For example, if a traffic shaper is set to per policy with a maximum bandwidth of 1000 Kbps and applied to four security policies, each policy has the same maximum bandwidth of 1000 Kbps.

I really got confused about the security policy mentioned here . 

I can see  tarffic shaping policy 

The same rule is apply for traffic shaping policy also ?

Please help 

Thanks

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

After 5.4, traffic shaping config is shifted to shaping-policy, not regular policy. I don't know what happens when you configure both. That would be a question to TAC through a TT. We now configure only shaping-policy and they work as we expect.

View solution in original post

Fullmoon

toshiesumi wrote:

I don't know what happens when you configure both. That would be a question to TAC through a TT. We now configure only shaping-policy and they work as we expect.

I talked to one of the Fortinet TAC reg this. if both have TS Policy, TS in regular policy will take precedence over the other.

Fortigate Newbie

View solution in original post

Fortigate Newbie
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

After 5.4, traffic shaping config is shifted to shaping-policy, not regular policy. I don't know what happens when you configure both. That would be a question to TAC through a TT. We now configure only shaping-policy and they work as we expect.

Fullmoon

toshiesumi wrote:

I don't know what happens when you configure both. That would be a question to TAC through a TT. We now configure only shaping-policy and they work as we expect.

I talked to one of the Fortinet TAC reg this. if both have TS Policy, TS in regular policy will take precedence over the other.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for the info. Good to know.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors