Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jd653687
New Contributor III

PPPOE with routed subnet

I have a PPPOE connection with routed subnet but only get the gateway adres 

subnet is 255.255.255.248 but the IP adres from the ISP I see 255.255.255.255

Is it possible to configure the ip-range manually in PPPOE? 

Example of the ip-addresses I get from the ISP is:

Netwerk adres:192.0.2.8

Router IP-adres:192.0.2.9

Broadcast adres:192.0.2.15

Subnetmasker:255.255.255.248

And when I configure PPPOE i only see 192.0.2.9 mask 255.255.255.255 and the gateway adres of the profider

How do I use the 192.0.2.10-14 addresses?

8 REPLIES 8
sw2090
Honored Contributor

pppoe on a fortinet does not support manual ip configuration afaik.

Are you sure you have to do pppoe?

That sounds like static ip setup. Probably it does not requrie pppoe at all?

That's what I have here. I have one line that has a /29 subnet from isp and that has it's own router connected to it which establishes the connection to isp over fiber and I can connect my fgt to a lan port of this and have the /29 I got from ISP on that wan of my FGT.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
jd653687
New Contributor III

This is a Crossnetwork config and we need a PPPOE connection. Put a Cisco with Dialer between the ISP and the FG and it is working now. Pitty you cannot configure routed ip with FG.

marchand
New Contributor III

I guess that in fact your provider gives you a fixed ip through the pppoe session and the assigned subnet is routed through the directly connected ip . You can do this with fortigate

jd653687
New Contributor III

How to configure that?

marchand
New Contributor III

How do you want to use your subnet ?

jd653687
New Contributor III

Create ip-pools and than IPv4-policies for inbound traffic like smtp and https

jd653687
New Contributor III

I am not able to test the VIP because we do not want any downtime. With the cisco between the ISP and FG it is working fine. If I am in the oppertunity to test the VIP's I will, but can take a while.

Thanks for all the help so far.

marchand
New Contributor III

For this I think it is enough to create a VIP for the ip you want to use from the subnet. Have you tried that?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors