Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
razor
New Contributor III

Out of the box DHCP enabled which models

Hi Guys,

I did not passed for the NSE 400 exam last week ( 63% :( ). One of the Q's was as follows: Which model's supports built-IN enabled DHCP while installing the Fortigate for the first time.

I cannot find any documentation and/or list which describes this.

Could someone know which model's does?

Thanks in advance!

Fortinet Network Security Professional (NSE4)

Fortinet Network Security Professional (NSE4)
1 Solution
AndreaSoliva

Hi

I do not point to internal lan or whatever...I never had a FGT device which was not reachable over192.168.1.99 by activated DHCP. If it is a bigger device mgmt. interface is use and on smaller ones internal or lan etc.

From this point of view whatever interface is used for 192.168.1.99 it is always a dhcp enabled on this interface.

Makes for me absolutly sense.

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi

I can not say to 1000% for the bigger devices like 3600 but as I know every FGT has on the internal, lan or mgmt. port enabled DHCP server 192.168.1.99. I never saw such a question but I'm 99% sure every FGT has enabled DHCP.

Hope this helps

Have fun

Andrea

Nils

I'm not sure, but I think that the boxes with dedicated MGMT interfaces doesn't have DHCP on the internal interfaces.

The 500D onlt got DHCP on the Managment-interfaces from fabric, not on the internal interfaces.

AndreaSoliva

Hi

I do not point to internal lan or whatever...I never had a FGT device which was not reachable over192.168.1.99 by activated DHCP. If it is a bigger device mgmt. interface is use and on smaller ones internal or lan etc.

From this point of view whatever interface is used for 192.168.1.99 it is always a dhcp enabled on this interface.

Makes for me absolutly sense.

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors