Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gaet49
New Contributor

OneDrive synchronization error

Hello,

I have a problem with the OneDrive Application.

OneDrive not sync the all files.

I think the problem comes from the HTTPS inspection.

FortiOS : 5.4.5

Thank you for your help

Cordialy,

2 Solutions
gsarica
Contributor

If you're using deep packet inspection you'll have to add Onedrive as an exception. There is a list of URL's here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Required-URLs-and-ports-for-OneDrive-ce15d2cc-52ef-42cd-b73...

This seems very excessive though, on our firewall I only have *.live.com which seems to do the trick, so maybe start there but for different environments you may have to add all the ones listed at that link. I had to add over 40 exceptions for gotomeeting to work properly.

View solution in original post

hwong
New Contributor II

I have the same issue on my 500D also running 5.4.5. It is definitively SSL Inspection related.

Working my way though the exception list right now...

Update:

Got it working. You will need the following I think:

*.live.com

*.microsoft.com

*.sharepoint.com

*.svc.ms

*.windows.net

*.windows.com

*.microsoftonline.com

*.microsoftonline-p.com

*.onedrive.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gsarica
Contributor

If you're using deep packet inspection you'll have to add Onedrive as an exception. There is a list of URL's here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Required-URLs-and-ports-for-OneDrive-ce15d2cc-52ef-42cd-b73...

This seems very excessive though, on our firewall I only have *.live.com which seems to do the trick, so maybe start there but for different environments you may have to add all the ones listed at that link. I had to add over 40 exceptions for gotomeeting to work properly.

hwong
New Contributor II

I have the same issue on my 500D also running 5.4.5. It is definitively SSL Inspection related.

Working my way though the exception list right now...

Update:

Got it working. You will need the following I think:

*.live.com

*.microsoft.com

*.sharepoint.com

*.svc.ms

*.windows.net

*.windows.com

*.microsoftonline.com

*.microsoftonline-p.com

*.onedrive.com

Gaet49
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank for your replies. I added these exception on my SSL inspection profile. And, OneDrive and OneNote are working again :)

Thank you for your help

Cordialy,

lrtcoolman
New Contributor

Recently, some organizations encountered issued login to the Microsoft OneDrive App in the organization network. Firewall policies & settings had been there, and the same configurations had been applied throughout the years with no issues, and suddenly, yesterday, it stuck at the sync/logging-in screen.

After hours of diagnosis, found out that switching ISP resolved the issues. This gets me the next second, focus on DNS switching. Hoola, it works. The Fortinet DNS provided to the APAC side dropped the translation and blocked OneDrive traffic.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors