Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eligiobudde
New Contributor

One weird case with some Fortiswitch 524D-FPOE.

A couple of days ago, I was plugging some IP cameras up to an existing network.

The TR where these cameras would be connected only had a stack of two switches.

If I plugged the camera in any of the two switches, these would reboot themselves most times immediately after I plugged the camera in.

After a lot of trial and error, I decided to plug another camera and seemed not to have any issues- since the network was in operation I didn't meddle with it any longer and just left it as is. Thing is, I then tested the "faulty" camera onto another switch and, to my surprise, it worked and wouldn't recreate the issue, no matter how many times I plugged in and out.

What could be the cause of this? I asked the customer about this and they reported to have this issue not only with PoE devices but with standard ethernet devices as well.

1 REPLY 1
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi eligiobudde,

is there some NAC policy that is set to "bounce" the port? It would, if changing a VLAN for NAC reasons, shut down the port and bring it up again. PoE connected devices may see this?

Not sure why the issue is gone, but you can see a lot of interesting logs regarding these port changes with either the event logs or better the CLI:

diag debug report

Best regards,

Markus

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors