Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fcb
Contributor

One ISP with Two Routes (Rings) to the Internet

We have just went into a deal with a new ISP that has installed two fiber links leaving our building on two separate fiber rings and using two separate Velo Cloud boxes as the DEMARC that handle sending traffic out each ring. I am told that both 1Gb rings are always active (thus giving us 2Gb) and we can do the WAN IP address space in several ways (one /27, two /28's, etc).

We currently have clustered 200 E's that are in an Active/Passive HA and are using weighted default routes to handle outbound traffic across two ISP's should the primary fail.

I have read articles about having dual-homed BGP Fortigates where one the rings is Active with the other being standby but both being actively used but there are many options. Has anyone here dealt with a setup similar (one ISP with two connections) and could provide some input? We also have a third (even a fourth) ISP that is in play here so we're looking at SDWAN to try and accomplish all of this...

Appreciate any feedback.

PS: I'm pretty green to SDWAN but if it will meet the requirement and allow us to use the full bandwidth of each ISP link, Hell yeah!

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Currently Fortinet is providing their web-based training for free (through 2020) so I would recommend taking the SD-WAN class (a couple hours) and seeing if this sounds like what you want: training.fortinet.com/local/staticpage/view.php?page=library_sd-wan

I haven't implemented it as my requirements are different since I own my own address space and have to do BGP announcements (the smallest that will propagate are /24).  However, I think it might work well for you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors