Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
spider48
New Contributor

No ping to LAN gateway ipsec vpn

This issue seems normal but i need a solution which i haven't found since a long time. I have IPSEC connection in one of my branch ( 10.100.0.7/24 ) from the head office (10.100.0.1/24 ). LAN network of branch is 192.168.16.0/24. All the signal seems fine, ping request is reachable from the LAN network of head office (192.168.10.10/24 ) to the branch office, and the internet is working fine in the LAN network of branch but the main issue is i cannot ping the LAN gateway (192.168.16.1) from any remote branch LAN ip. Let's take it as 192.168.16.50

What's the actual issue ?

Internet is working fine in the branch, ping is made to the google and so far as per the networking term, to reach the google IP, that ICMP must move through the remote LAN gateway but ping is not reachable to the LAN gateway IP 192.168.16.1 from any one of the remote LAN ip.

Is there anyone who can solve this issue ?

Positive feedback would be highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
m0j0
New Contributor III

Have you restricted admin access on the firewall to specific subnets?  Only designated admin subnets can ping the firewall, regardless of the interface being pinged.  Therefore, 192.168.16.0/24 would have to be included in the allowed subnets for any one of the admin accounts.  Or you could just include 192.168.0.0/16 for simplicity.  That subnet would not be hitting the firewall on the outside interface anyway.

spider48
New Contributor

No any restriction has been made. All the access has been given. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors