Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TimB
New Contributor

No Audio on Remote Allworx voip phones behind 30D

We have a Main office with a Forigate 60D and Remote office with a Fortigate 30D. Main Office Network has the 6x and is in LAN Host mode on the 192.168.99.x network Remote Office has an Allworx 9212 on its LAN and network is 192.168.100.x, with phone ip of 192.168.100.101 We are using them all behind a site-to-site VPN.  The problem is incoming calls from the Main Office have no problem, and audio is fine etc. Outgoing calls from the Remote Office have no audio (not even one way audio) I did the following commands on the Fortigate CLI from the dashboard to disable SIP ALG etc. 1) Enter the following commands in FortiGate’s CLI: config system settings set sip-helper disable set sip-nat-trace disable reboot the device 2) Reopen CLI and enter the following commands – do not enter the text after //: config system session-helper show   //locate the SIP entry, usually 12, but can vary. delete 12     //or the number that you identified from the previous command. Disable RTP processing as follows: config voip profile edit default config sip set rtp disable Still no audio on the Remote phone (outbound calls only) - Calls incoming are fine. One more interesting fact is on the Allworx 6x Handset registration, it is showing 192.168.99.1:65476, instead of what I would think would be 192.168.100.101:5060 Any ideas or insight is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Do you happen to have NAT turned on on the policy for the VPN on the Main office side?

TimB

toshiesumi wrote:

Do you happen to have NAT turned on on the policy for the VPN on the Main office side?

Thanks very much, that fixed most of the audio issues.  Phone-to-phone within the system now (and across the VPN) everything seems to be working with regards to the audio with the exception of below.

The one remaining item... When outbound dialing to an outside line, there is only one-way audio.  The outbound caller can talk, but can't hear the remote party.

Toshi_Esumi

I don't know much about 30D but at least with 60D removing SIP session-helper(12) is good enough since SIP ALG doesn't act up until you apply a voip profile to a policy. That's how we deploy our Polycom SIP phones behind a 60D. Are you sure Allworx use only SIP? One of our customer uses a different VoIP service, which is using H.323. Until we remove the session-helper(2), they were having problems.

But I think it's time to open a TT with TAC. In your case, you can open it with either 60D or 30D.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors