Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alexser
New Contributor

Newbie question - Web filtering and licences

Hello. Just got FortiGate 600D.

Sorry for my newbie questions:

Which licence is needed to run Web/DNS Filtering?

Where licences are shown?

I don't see FortiGuard/Licences section in the left menu (it's hidden? How to unhide it? I got CLI and Web access) FortiTokens section looks empty. Part of the config:  

config user fortitoken edit "FTKMOB7A0EEE5719" set license "FTMTRIAL01966611" next edit "FTKMOB7AA389BCB0" set license "FTMTRIAL01966611" next end

Am I right, i have no licences apllied to cluster now?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you log into the fgt, (GUI) the registering information can be found on the dashboard under License Information. 

New hardware is usually not registered, so you likely need to do this first by logging into the support site and click on the Asset->Register/Activate then enter the serial number for your fgt device. 

After this, you can check under Asset->Manage/View Products->device,  then click on either General or Entitlement.

Once the fgt is registered, and providing it can access the Internet, the subscription/license info should start to turn green checkmarks.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors