Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
blake09
New Contributor

New to FortiSwitches

I normally use Cisco switches in my branch office deployment with Fortigate 60Fs. Have now got a few FS-148F and strugling to set this up how I want.

I normally have a trunk on Cisco switch to Firewall and then set my Vlan Gateways on the firewall.

Have managed to get the Fortiswitch connected and authorised via the fortilink port. Then created a Vlan under fortilink port. When you create a vlan under the fortilink port, is that then created on the switch or the firewall. This is somehow confusing me!

Just basically looking to have a trunk port between the 2 and create vlans that i can firewall.

Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Tweakbox Appvalley tutuapp
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello blake09,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello blake09,

I m coming back to first, ask you under which versions your FortiSwitches are running?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
vsiva
Staff
Staff

Dear @blake09 

Hope you are doing well.

Normally  for a managed fortiswitch, when any vlan is created under  "Fortiswitch vlan" section, it will get pushed to the switch.

In managed Fortiswitch scenario , the switches act as layer-2 , while the gateway ( IP address) will reside on the Fortigate. 

Once a vlan is created, it can be mapped  to ports in "Fortiswitch ports" inside "Wifi Switch and controller" section in Fortigate.

Please refer the below article  for creating vlans :

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/6.4.2/devices-managed-by-fortios/985221/fortiswitch-f...

Regards

Vigneash

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors