Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
apex
New Contributor

NSE5

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to take the NSE5 exam and was wondering if anyone who has already taken it could share their experience? 

Many thanks!

A

1 Solution
Courtney_Schwartz

The braindumps we have seen on the Internet usually are fakes -- not the actual exam. Fortinet is not associated with them in any way. Given that you'd be buying essentially a black market product, don't be surprised if they're a fraud cheating you out of your money.

For the few that are real, the questions are stolen. They are in violation of the NDA contract you agree to when taking the exam. Violators are stripped of their NSE certification. They're subject to a DMCA action by Fortinet Legal.

But you don't need braindumps, anyway.

Fortinet provides practice questions when you take the FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer prep courses. If you use your Study Guide book and the practice questions we give you -- for free --  passing rate data shows that it's very unlikely that you would fail.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I took it a few months ago the both FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager.

It was instructor-led lecture and lab for 8 hours online via Citrix. The instructor had some slides and he was talking. We could ask the instructor some questions.

My colleague attended the course a few months later and he had only possibility to self-study the slides and do only the labs online - it takes 4 hours only.

We both earned the NSE5 just attending the course - no exam. Probably it is the same today.

You can find information in the Partner portal, after login look for: Sales & Marketing  -> Partner Brochures ->  NSE Partner Guide: All you Need to Know about the new Training and Certification Path (PDF)

AtiT

AtiT
apex
New Contributor

Thanks AtiT.

I've completed the online training and labs, but I think it's changed now - they require you to take the NSE5 exam at Pearson Vue :)

Wesoley
New Contributor

You are required to sit the exam at Vue. I am taking this exam tomorrow.

Update: Passed this today. Exam is pretty straightforward. If you study the guide well enough this is an easy pass.

sandeep_fgt
New Contributor III

Hi. Did you referred to any brain dumps as well for practicing before you appeared for test. I am planning to go for NSE5 next week. Appreciate if you can share more on your experience. I see brain dumps constituting 239 questions on few of websites but they also include the Fortigates questions so I doubt if they are valid.

Thanks,

Sandeep Jha

Wesoley

Sandeep,

I think it's a bad idea to use braindumps. Once you study very well, you will be well prepared to sit the exam. Additionally, you are posting this in the forum of the exam owner.

Courtney_Schwartz

The braindumps we have seen on the Internet usually are fakes -- not the actual exam. Fortinet is not associated with them in any way. Given that you'd be buying essentially a black market product, don't be surprised if they're a fraud cheating you out of your money.

For the few that are real, the questions are stolen. They are in violation of the NDA contract you agree to when taking the exam. Violators are stripped of their NSE certification. They're subject to a DMCA action by Fortinet Legal.

But you don't need braindumps, anyway.

Fortinet provides practice questions when you take the FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer prep courses. If you use your Study Guide book and the practice questions we give you -- for free --  passing rate data shows that it's very unlikely that you would fail.

localhost

I fully agree with courtney.

I passed NSE5 this week. Study Guide book and practice questions is all you need.

sandeep_fgt

Thanks a lot for the clarification on this and as mentioned this was just for practice, so if the Guide and practice questions are enough I think that's all I need :)

AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi, I passed the NSE 7 test two weeks ago. Not NSE 5 but in principle is the same - what you need is the study materials, admin guides and have some time to practise. No dump is needed.

My opinion is that it is better to fail 1 or 2-times and pass it for the 3rd time than learn everything from the dump - you will learn a lot during this time.

AtiT

AtiT
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors