Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
localhost
Contributor III

NSE 8 - Current status

While reading the NSE8 Exam description (http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/NSE8_Certification_ExamDescription.pdf), some questions popped up.

Apparently the tested topics and firmware versions can change any time without notice.

Is there already a NSE8 update planned this year? If the topics and firmware versions would change, would these changes have a different exam number? So that you can choose to take the old or new exam?

It seems that the written exam can already be scheduled at pearson vue. Is the practical exam already out of beta?

How would a remotely scheduled session look like?

2 Solutions
jerry3105
New Contributor

Holy

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
58 REPLIES 58
hklb

Hi,

is anyone know how is difficult the written exam ? is the questions are the same degree of complexity of NSE6 exam?

For exemple for ospf, is it only configure an ospf area 0.0.0.0 or we must know how to redistribute the bgp route with route-map and very deep knowledge of ospf ?

(I don't ask the exact description of the exam, juste a degree of complexity to know how long I must work on this exam)

Thanks

Lucas

Alby23
Contributor II

Really really REALLY difficult. Trust me.

Holy

Well not as difficult as practical exam :)

personally i found written exam not to complex if you have prepared yourself and know the products it should be no big problem to pass the written.

and as Always:

Build  your own lab with all products and right firmware versions and test, test , test :)

hklb wrote:

Hi,

is anyone know how is difficult the written exam ? is the questions are the same degree of complexity of NSE6 exam?

For exemple for ospf, is it only configure an ospf area 0.0.0.0 or we must know how to redistribute the bgp route with route-map and very deep knowledge of ospf ?

(I don't ask the exact description of the exam, juste a degree of complexity to know how long I must work on this exam)

Thanks

Lucas

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Alby23
Contributor II

Sorry, with "written" I thought he meant "practical", my fault 

I confirm that the written one is a bit difficult but not so much.

The practical one is a completely different story.

And the tip for the lab is a good one but is a shot in the desert since you don't really know what scenario you will face until you are there.

Holy

Well you have to stick to the NSE8 preparation guide and practice all the "features" listed there. of course you cant prepare to the exact scenario on the exam but it is still a good preparation and helps a lot

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for these informations. it's good for morale to know it's not the "worst" exam..

I have my written exam in two weeks (and I think I'm not ready at all...). For FGT/FAZ/FMG, I think it's not a problem.. But the other products, it's a different story..

I return to my favorite site for the next 2 weeks : docs.fortinet.com...

Lucas

zorg1983
New Contributor

Hello

Did you passed the NSE7? did you use any dump?

Joe

smari
New Contributor

Hi,

Please don't use dumps when doing the exams, it really does not benefit you in any way when it comes to working with the boxes

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ .

1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ . 1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.
zorg1983
New Contributor

I'm well aware of that but the material and the courses online are not enough

So for the sake of passing the exam i would like to know if there is someone who passed using dumps.

Joe.

smari
New Contributor

I did the online course and read the material 2 times and passed the 7 with like 93% , most of the questions are straight from the coursework. But then again, maybe I got lucky. Good luck mate

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ .

1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ . 1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors