Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yngve0
New Contributor II

Multiassigment for FortiTokenMobil

I consider using Fortitoken TwoFactorAuthentication for both administrative and SSL-VPN-authentication. 

So far, so god. But the problem is that I as a sys-admin need both to have a administrative account and a VPN-account on the unit. There are also 5 branch offices with FortiGates where I need administrative account to.

And here is the problem; It seems like there are a one2one2one-relationship between accounts, FortiToken and mobile phone. I can only have one FortiToken on my phone and one Fortitoken cannot be assigned to both a VPN-account and a administrative account; neither on the same device or across devices.

Any good solutions or workaround here?

1 Solution
dred_FTNT

I recommend you take a look at new FortiToken Cloud service (FTC) available if you are running FOS 6.2 or later.  It is a perfect fit for your scenario.  You can try it anyway for free. (https://ftc.fortinet.com)   With the current version of FTC,  you can use the same token issued by FTC for all your FGT admin instances across multiple FGT devices and VPN user instances across multiple FGT devices/VDOMs as long as the username in the FGT is the same.  

In an upcoming release we will allow the FTC customer to designate when the same username should be treated as a different FTC user if in multiple FGT/VDOMs.  But, as I said, the current version is tailor made for what you need.  

David Redberg Fortinet Product Manager

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PaulW

Sorry for the late answer. Thanks I'll see when I'll upgrade to 6.2.x, I'm still on 6.0.8.

Best

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors