Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
StuartD
New Contributor

Monitoring HA of virtual Forti Clusters

Without going into the depths of the setup we have a bunch of virtual Fortigates clustered and only the cluster IP is visible to our monitoring platform - Solarwinds. I'm trying to understand / workout the best way of doing this, and am looking for ideas, or even solutions. I have found this OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13 but when running it against our tool it gives a result of "2" which is utterly menaingless to me.

So, I can monitor / alert on the traps or specific OID's and need some assistance in trying to identify which are the best and helping me understand the output.

OIDs I can or should use please?

What output do they give (if not obvious)? Alternatively - what SNMP trap(s) can I use?

If it makes a difference then all FWs are running OSv6.2

1 Solution
jhouvenaghel_FTNT

Hello,

you can download the FGT MIBs file from the support web site. 

OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13  is just the "entry" for different info you could grab on your cluster using SNMP.

Fortifate MIB file will show you that 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13 = 

fgHighAvailability OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { fnFortiGateMib 13 }

Using your MIB browser and loading the FGT MIB files, you would be able to query info about your HA cluster.

As well, this object 

FgVdEntry ::= SEQUENCE { fgVdEntIndex FgVdIndex, fgVdEntName DisplayString, fgVdEntOpMode FgOpMode, fgVdEntHaState FgHaState, fgVdEntCpuUsage Gauge32, fgVdEntMemUsage Gauge32, fgVdEntSesCount Gauge32, fgVdEntSesRate Gauge32 }

Will let you know status for your cluster unit (gVdEntHaState FgHaState)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StuartD
New Contributor

Nobody .. ?

Bumping

jhouvenaghel_FTNT

Hello,

OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13  is just the "entry" for different info you could grab on your cluster using SNMP.

Fortifate MIB file will show you that 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13 = 

fgHighAvailability OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { fnFortiGateMib 13 }

Using your MIB browser and loading the FGT MIB files, you would be able to query info about your HA cluster.

As well, this object 

FgVdEntry ::= SEQUENCE { fgVdEntIndex FgVdIndex, fgVdEntName DisplayString, fgVdEntOpMode FgOpMode, fgVdEntHaState FgHaState, fgVdEntCpuUsage Gauge32, fgVdEntMemUsage Gauge32, fgVdEntSesCount Gauge32, fgVdEntSesRate Gauge32 }

Will let you know status for your cluster unit (gVdEntHaState FgHaState)

StuartD

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I understand all of that but what I am not clear on is what the result that is presented means?

jhouvenaghel_FTNT

The MIB file contains the description for each object

StuartD

Sadly the relevant MIB file doesn't include what appears to be relevant OIDs for us to utilise.

I'll contact support.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors