Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ffischer
New Contributor III

Migrating from pfSense ?

Hi Folks,

is an import of pfSense configuration to FortiConverter possible ?

We need to migrate a pfSense Firewall with about 200 Rules on 10 interfaces with more than 1000 objects...

Anything would be helpful, even homebrew scripts or alpha versions of FortiConverter with pfSense support...

Frank

5 REPLIES 5
soundxplorer
New Contributor

I'm interested in this question too, does anyone know if any sort of export/import is possible?

MP_RO

Hello,

Any updates on this?

Im also interested in this. 

mpencea
New Contributor

Hello,

Any updates?

I'm also interested.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you just dump the pfsense cfg and just parse and collect the objects? you can run the "viconfig" or just grab the "config.xml"  and find what you want.

Then convert it to a lingo that is FortiOS formatted. For only 100 rules and 1k objects your can police and cleanup the rule sets at that time if required

I've done this a hundred of times with grabbing the config.xml and taking out interface and system host objects for importation manually. YMMV but if you have a good script-tool guy, you could craft a script.

YMMV

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
eberte2001
New Contributor

Hello, it is not a simple way to do this conversion. In my case, I exported the PFSENSE configuration to an XML file and used ACCESS to import it into tables and separate what I needed to configure in Fortigate.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors