Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Brady_R__Houser
New Contributor

Meraki VPN issues

We' ve been having issues where we have our Fortigate connecting to a Meraki MX devices. The VPN tunnels connect and work great most of the time but we have issues where all the Tunnels to the remote Meraki devices stop passing traffic. The tunnels appear up but no traffic passes. If we recycle the tunnels manually they seem to work without issue. The lastest " fix" is was to put in BlackHole routes for the remote sites. Only time will tell if it fixes the issue. Has anyone else had any issues with Meraki MX end points? On the reverse, has anyone had no issues? Brady
4 REPLIES 4
dasilva13
New Contributor

We have a couple of them out in the field. Let me ask my guys and see if they have encountered issues.
Brady_R__Houser
New Contributor

So far so good. No additional issues since adding the BHR.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Sounds like auto neg might not be enabled on the vpn interface. What type of vpn did you build ? and no, I haven' t had any problems with Meraki and vpns to Fortigates.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Brady_R__Houser
New Contributor

It wasn' t enabled. Here' s a screen shot of my current setup which is working with the Black Hole Routes. http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fgt/html/fortigate-admin/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=fgt&file=Router_Static.15.8.html edit 23 set blackhole enable set comment " BlackHole Route (device is not used), CLI Config Only" set distance 100 set dst 172.21.0.0 255.255.0.0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors