Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kaplan
Contributor

Manage FG Versions 6.4.X with FM 7.02.

Can I manage or push policies to FG Versions 6.4.X even I update the Fortimanager to 7.0.2?

6 REPLIES 6
jpm1111
New Contributor II

The Fortimanager release notes will have a compatibility matrix, verify there to your exact release. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Kaplan

Thanx for your replay. I am not sure still what will happen when I have different FG Versions.
In the last I upgraded the FM from 6.2 to 6.4.
Afther I make a Update on a FortiGate from 6.2 to 6.4, so I couldn't push policys to the FG Devices, that had the 6.2 Version still over the Fortimanager.
I think, when I upgrade the FM to 7.0.1 and import a Fortigate with 7.0.2 to the manager, so I could not push any policiys to Fortigates with the older Version 6.4.8.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

We've been running FMG 6.4.x and now 6.4.7 managing combination of FGTs with 6.2.x and 6.0.10 at one 6.0 ADOM. I just finished upgrading all those FGTs (160 of them) to 6.2.9, so now about to update ADOM version to 6.2. I didn't have any problem to push several versions of Policy Packages to 6.0.10 FGTs.

Kaplan

Thanx for your Replay again. 
Is there any different between FortiManager and FortiManagerCloud?
We use FMG-Cloud

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't have the answer. We use only FMG-VM.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors