Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RedMt
New Contributor

Mac OSX DNS names not resolving in FSSO

Hello all,

I've recently implemented a number of FG-100s and FG-300s and am trying to move my web filtering service over to these devices. We require that all web traffic be tracked back to the user and so I'm also trying to implement the FSSO service to provide a seamless browsing service to my users. This has worked well so far for windows systems but has proven troublesome for Mac systems. Mac logons do usually show up in the FSSO user list but the "system name" column shows their IP addresses instead of their system name. Web browsing in this situation, to put it succinctly, does not work for the Macs. 

Does anyone else successfully use Mac systems with the FSSO service, and if so then what's the trick to getting them to play nicely together? I should mention that we are using the FSSO polling mode recommended by Fortinet to work with Mac systems.

Thanks for any help!

1 Solution
Mehdi
New Contributor III

Hi RedMt,

i think you mean FG100C and FG300C, right?

if Mac Devices are not too many, you can add them as a Device by their IP or MAC Addresses.

it works for monitoring and logging.

Please rate if it was helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mehdi
New Contributor III

Hi RedMt,

i think you mean FG100C and FG300C, right?

if Mac Devices are not too many, you can add them as a Device by their IP or MAC Addresses.

it works for monitoring and logging.

Please rate if it was helpful.

RedMt
New Contributor

I actually meant D, not S, funny how I had two typos in a row. 

I'd really like a more dynamic solution than that, but it's a good idea for a work around. We do only have a handful of Mac devices. Thanks for the idea. Anyone else feel like chiming in?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors