Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nothingel
New Contributor III

MOBIKE support and DHCPINFORM

Does any version of FortiOS support MOBIKE with IKEv2 dialup VPNs (using the built-in client on Windows 7/8/10)?

I am able to successfully connect but the "status" as reported in Windows always shows a "no" for MOBIKE support.  I have spotted "processing notify type MOBIKE_SUPPORTED" (from the client-side) in the debug output of IKE on the Fortigate but no other messages indicating support on the Fortigate.  I have tried machine certificates as well as EAP for client-side authentication but the results are the same.

The only reference I've found (so far) in the Fortigate documentation is from the following:

https://help.fortinet.com...ng_Main_Aggressive.htm

It seems as if there should be an additional option for enabling MOBIKE (like the way EAP support is optionally enabled).

Also, the built-in Windows client issues DHCPINFORM packets (once connected) as a method to discover additional details.  This can be extremely useful to pass subnets to the client when split tunneling is used.  I have tried to enable the DHCP relay service on the dialup interface but it doesn't seem to work, at least not for DHCPINFORM packets.

Thanks everyone!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors