Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Macboy12345
New Contributor II

Local Fortimanager and Forticloud

Hi

I have some Fortigate devices. I would like to have them both in my Fortimanager and my Forticloud. The Fortimanager is managed locally via a VM. Is it possible to do so? Can you give me more information?

(I tried to add a device that is already added in Forticloud to my Fortimanager, but it failed)

1 Solution
Macboy12345
New Contributor II

So I tried to do so and I discovered it is possible to add a Fortigate device to both Forticloud(not Forticloud manager) and Local Fortimanager.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
distillednetwork
Contributor III

The fortigate can only be managed by one device.  If you set it up to be managed by FortiCloud it won't link to Fortimanager or visa versa.

The configuration under # config system central-management 

you can pick the type as either fortimanager or fortiguard.

Macboy12345

I think this answer is not correct. I did further investigation and realized we can connect a Fortigate to the Forticloud and meanwhile manage it via the Fortimanager.

distillednetwork

Sorry, let me take a step back.  When you say connect to FortiCloud, what functionality of FortiCloud are you trying to get?

Macboy12345

Just to add them to the Forticloud inventory. I don't want to manage it via the Fortimanager cloud and Fortimanager at the same time. I prefer to use only Fortimanager for management.

Macboy12345
New Contributor II

So I tried to do so and I discovered it is possible to add a Fortigate device to both Forticloud(not Forticloud manager) and Local Fortimanager.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors