Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cglobal71
New Contributor

Limit Forticlient ISPEC VPN

Hello, We have an ipsec VPN connection problem with the forticlient. Our fortigate is linked to an active directory server. The first ten VPN connections work properly. If an eleventh person connects, the VPN mounts well. But there is no traffic (ping does not work). We feel that the fortigate can handle only 10 simultaneous connections at the forticlient level Can you help us? By thanking you in advance

9 REPLIES 9
sw2090
Honored Contributor

FortiOS can handle up to 1000 concurrent dial up tunnels by default.

Do you have a traffic shaper with guaranteed badwith on the vpn policies? Do 10 of them exhaust the bandwith (in at least one direction) of the wan the tunnel is connected to?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Cglobal71

I checked, and no, I don't have traffic shaping on the vpn policies.

Cglobal71
New Contributor

I fixed the problem

boneyard
Valued Contributor

could you share how Cglobal71? it can help others

Michael01
New Contributor

Hi,

fortigate firewall can only handle 10 free users in forticlient. If you want to add more you need to purchase a license.

Thanks.

boneyard
Valued Contributor

i dont believe that is the case, there was such a limit shown in the GUI, that was for using the advanced features of forticlient which now have moved to forticlient ems.

you can have more then 10 free vpn only users fine.

Fullmoon

boneyard wrote:

you can have more then 10 free vpn only users fine.

i highly agree

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Cglobal71

Hi,

I apologize for the late response. My problem was the firewall object created by the wizard of the forticlient VPN. I had increased the DHCP range, but had not thought the object

yoloknight
New Contributor

Perhaps is this what your looking for? https://kb.fortinet.com/k....do?externalID=FD31562

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors