Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
damianhlozano
Contributor

Licences for email 2FA

Hello team!!!

Through the cli, I know the way to use email as second factor authentication for a user, but I wonder if there is a kind of limit for this feature.  Is there a limit for licences for local users with email as 2FA?

Also, another question, I think 2FA for VPN clients is only available for FortiClient VPNs (IPsec or SSL), right? 

I think I can not tell Windows or any other OS to ask me the second factor of authentication.  We have here a L2TP/IPsec VPN, which works in native clients, we prefer do not use FortiClient but I think we will need this.

Regards,

Damián

1 Solution
bpozdena_FTNT

Hi Damián,

There is no license needed for email deliveries. You are just limited by the maximum number of local users.

And yes, you will need to use FortiClient for 2FA to work correctly. There should be no issues with SSL VPN, but IPSec users will not have access to email while the tunnel is being established. 

Regards,

Boris

HTH,
Boris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bpozdena_FTNT

Hi Damián,

There is no license needed for email deliveries. You are just limited by the maximum number of local users.

And yes, you will need to use FortiClient for 2FA to work correctly. There should be no issues with SSL VPN, but IPSec users will not have access to email while the tunnel is being established. 

Regards,

Boris

HTH,
Boris
damianhlozano

Thank you bpozdena_FTNT!

I will try anyway with split tunnel.

Regards,

Damián

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors