Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JonasV
New Contributor III

L3 VLAN interface up, but IP/Network missing under locally connected network

Hi everyone, I’m faceing a strange issue on a FortiGate. I have two 100F running in an A-P HA Cluster. I have an aggregater interface connected to a Cisco Nexus 9K. The LACP between the Cisco switch and the 100F FortiGate is up and running. I’ve created serveral VLANs on the aggregated interface. They are working perfekt. Today I added another VLAN interface to the aggregated link on the FortiGate. I’ve confirmation that the MAC andres of the VLAN interface is pressent and detected on the Cisco Switch. However… The L3 IP that I have configured is up/up on the FortiGate, but I’m unable to ping the interface from the FortiGate itself. After some basic troubleshooting, I came across that the IP/network of the VLAN interface doesn’t show up under the locally connected part of the routing table. I’ve been unable to solve the issue so far. By the way, I’m running FortiOS 6.2.9.
Kind regards
Kind regards
1 Solution
JonasV
New Contributor III

Root cause was found to be in the FortiOS 6.2.9
After upgrading to 6.2.10, this issue was resolved.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Kind regards
11 REPLIES 11
Toshi_Esumi

Nobody would be able to find this other than TAC based on the bug description in the 6.2.10 release notes. Because it's specific to the situation it was reported originally:

689317, 698927

After pushing the interface configuration from FortiManager, the device index is incorrectly set to 0.

JonasV
New Contributor III

Agree

Kind regards
Kind regards
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors