Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
uByte
New Contributor II

Issues with FortiOS 7.0

I have a client that uses a 60e and was having issues with her ADT Pulse Gateway (a gateway for ADT security cameras to send to the cloud). Everything was working fine on the old firmware that they were on (6.4 Build 1828) but when I upgraded the firmware would not work with the ADT Pulse Gateway. I tried manually port forwarding it but it didn't work. I ended up downgrading the unit back to 6.4 and everything worked again. It looks like there is some more work to be done with version 7. Has anyone else had issues with version 7?

Garrett Jackson
Garrett Jackson
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

No issue here 1> what is your problem 2> what did you do as far as trouble shooting 3> did you do a diag debug flow 

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
uByte
New Contributor II

What didn't I do as far as troubleshooting. To isolate the problem as it is the Fortigate I removed the Fortigate all together and plugged into a standard wireless router. It had no issues. 

I port forward the ports that ADT said needed to be forwarded and that didn't seem to do it. I had Fortinet support on the phone and they tried several diagnostics and couldn't find the issue. I suggested maybe a firmware issue and trying the older one I was on before the change and as soon as I did that it worked fine. But nothing would work with the ADT Pulse Gateway till I did that.

-uByte

Garrett Jackson
Garrett Jackson
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Again diag debug flow, you need to find out what's happen and it sounds like tls-decryption is being enable and you probably do not want or need that. That would be my 1st guess with out having any supported show diagnostic output.

Nothing is wrong with fortios7 you need to research and do proper diagnostic and probably fix your policy. Maybe the policy change after the upgrade , maybe a inspection profile is not installed, so many may Bs...you need to do diagnostics. The pulse is nothing but ip-gateway that runs layer3/4 over the internet.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
uByte
New Contributor II

Where I was at is I needed it to work and downgrading was the quickest shot at getting that to work. 

The Fortinet support tech watched the traffic flow we didn't see enough to diagnose what was the issue. But I essentially had 4 other techs in the same room trying to figure out what the problem with and the answer was downgrading it to a previous firmware that we confirmed worked before. It is working and I am not going to upgrade till they have a little more of the issues ironed out with the new version. 

I have version 7 on my NFR that we use around the office and have had no issues. I know it would be different for everyone I was just showing my issues with the new firmware and was seeing if anyone else had the same experience with the ADT Pulse Gateways. 

I appreciate the response. Maybe when I get a couple of revisions to 7 I will try again. 

Garrett Jackson
Garrett Jackson
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors