Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Interface History Custom Report

As we all know, the status dashboard has an "Interface History" widget. I love this widget however it resets when the device is power cycled.

How would I go about creating a FortiAnalyzer report that would show the same data in the same manner (hour, day week) bandwidth in and out (MBps) See attached file for how it looks in the GUI. 

The FAZ is running 5.0.x code 

I know there is a dataset I need to make etc but I have no idea how to do that (databases and sql are not strong points of mine)interface_history.gif

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
35 REPLIES 35
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Please run predefined "Bandwidth and Application report", and check the first chart "Bandwidth Summary" .

You may also need apply interface filter in Advanced Settings in order to get per-interface report. 

For time intervals, please try to run report with different report period.

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the help.

That one is close, but it only shows the total bandwidth transfered (gigabytes, megabytes etc) I am more interested in the throughput bandwidth transfered (gigabits, megabits etc per second) for instance if the firewall is on a T1 the transfer tops out at 1.544 mbps..

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
hzhao_FTNT

Unfortunately we don't have any log field to directly reflect real-time speed, and current FAZ do not allow user to create this kind of timeline chart. If you want to see max speed by time interval in table chart, you can try below dataset:

select $flex_timescale as hodex, max(coalesce(sentbyte, 0)/duration) as traffic_out_speed, max(coalesce(rcvdbyte, 0)/duration) as traffic_in_speed from $log where $filter and logid_to_int(logid) not in (4, 7, 14) and duration!=0 group by hodex having sum(coalesce(sentbyte, 0)+coalesce(rcvdbyte, 0))>0 order by hodex

Ahslan
New Contributor III

I know this thread is over two years old but I'm looking for the exact same thing. Love the "Interface History" widget and want to know if there is a FortiAnalyzer report that basically does the same thing? I'm currently running FortiAnalyzer 5.4.2

hzhao_FTNT

From 5.4.1, we have a predefined bar chart "Interface Bandwidth Usage". Please insert this chart into a report and specify an interface. For bandwidth rate, please go to FortiView->Resource Usage, select "Export to Report Chart" from up-right pull-down menu, create a chart, and add this chart into report.

Regards,

hz

Ahslan
New Contributor III

The Resource Usage report that is exported to a chart doesn't provide a graph on traffic in vs out for a specific interface. All it seems to do is provide a table with the average bandwidth as one of the entries. As for the interface bandwidth usage chart, that seems to only provide a bar graph of total amount of data sent\received (not the same as the info provided by the interface history widget which provides the speed of the transfers occurring on the interface at a specific time). It's surprising how this info is so easily accessed through a widget yet there doesnt seem to be a report for it.

bartman10

I also want this.. I'm troubleshooting some stuff and need to put some puzzle pieces together.

300E x3, 200D, 140D, 94D, 90D x2, 80D, 40C, handful of 60E's.. starting to loose track.

Over 100 WiFi AP's and growing.

FAZ-200D

FAC-VM 2 node cluster

Friends don't let friends FWF!

300E x3, 200D, 140D, 94D, 90D x2, 80D, 40C, handful of 60E's.. starting to loose track. Over 100 WiFi AP's and growing. FAZ-200D FAC-VM 2 node cluster Friends don't let friends FWF!
Ahslan
New Contributor III

I opened a ticket with Fortinet and confirmed with them that this graph is not currently possible with FortiAnalyzer. Safe to say, ridiculously disappointing :'(

fikri
New Contributor

Ahslan wrote:

I opened a ticket with Fortinet and confirmed with them that this graph is not currently possible with FortiAnalyzer. Safe to say, ridiculously disappointing :'(

that's very disappointing..this report is really crucial to get what is the internet utilization average rate not total .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors