Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SaschaH
New Contributor

IPv6 SLAAC not working FG60D FW5.2.4

Hello everybody,

i have a DS-lite cable-internet-connection and wanted my FG60D LAN1 to autoconfigure with SLAAC from my Fritz!Box.

I only have two options at the LAN1: Manual and DHCP.

When set to DHCP, i receive no IPv6 Information at all.

Where can i enable SLAAC-Option?

Regards

Sascha

11 REPLIES 11
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You need to relook it's under config ipv6

set ip6-mode 

You probable need to unset that value and than SLAAC will be enabled

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SaschaH
New Contributor

emnoc wrote:

You need to relook it's under config ipv6

set ip6-mode 

You probable need to unset that value and than SLAAC will be enabled

I just unset it, but that didn't help. No IPv6-address...

For those who might ask - yes, other clients receive IPv6-addresses.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

And the other clients are SLAAC ( aka autoconfig ) enabled and not dhcpv6? Can you try a different port? It could be a bug in the  v5.2.4 ( I wouldn't be surprised if it is )

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SaschaH
New Contributor

I tried all ports by now. And yes, the other clients are all SLAAC (tested with raspbian and debian without dhcpcd5). Anyway, even if the Fritz!Box where offering DHCPv6 in addition to RA, then it would be supposed to work too.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you downgrade from 5.2.4 to 5.2.3 and give that a try? Once again  v5.2.4 has many problems, maybe SLAAC is one of them ;)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SaschaH
New Contributor

I downgraded already to 5.0.2 and it didn't work either.

Also i found an interface-option "set autoconf enable" that's not working too. 

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Also you can try to set a static ipv6 on the interface in the same prefix as the fritiz box and see what happens. It also wouldn't hurt to bounce the box after converting to static and back to autoconfig

I've seen problems in  earlier FortiOS4.0MR3 where the manual adding of ipv6 address break items on a fortigate but I highly doubt that's a issue still in FortiOS5.2

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SaschaH
New Contributor

Now i set up a static IPv6 address and that worked as expected. But autoconf and DHCP still remain silent, even after resetting the device to factory default, setting up IPv6 and rebooting.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

It's probably a bug, what I would do if you had the time and up for a challenge,

1: enable multi-vdom support

2: build a vdom name "whatever you want"

3: pick one interface, enable it for ipv6 advertisement & with a ipv6 address /64  and the prefix to rt-adv

4: plug this port from vdom ( whatever you called it ) into the same port that you originally had the fritzbox on,

Does the fortigate received the prefix? if it does, than it's not a bug and something is wrong with the  fritzbox and the rt-advertisement.

Did you wait a few minutes for the fortigate to find the ( hear ) the rt-advertisement from the fritzbox? Can you run a packet capture looking for the icmp6 rt-advertisements from the fritzbox? if yes, what the prefix length and interval?

eg

diag sniffer packet port1 "icmp6"

( where port 1 is you  SLAAC enabled interface )

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors