Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

IPv4 Policy Page - Bytes

I have what must be a very very simple question. I should know but I somehow can't find the answer. On a FortiGate 60E, Firmware 5.4.5, on the Policy & Objects / IPv4 Policy page, what does the value in the column Bytes mean near the top right corner of the page? Is this the total traffic passed by this policy for all time, is it the traffic passed over the last x days? Also, does it include all traffic? I've searched but I just can't find the answer.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

One more question if I could. In a past firmware version of the FortiOS (possibly 5.2.x), I could click the question mark at the top right corner of the browser. Upon doing this I would often see instructions for the page of the firewall that I was working on. This was very handy for me. Does anyone know if this feature is available in 5.4.5?

ronalds_567
New Contributor

Hi,

It indicate the traffic since the policy creation. You can clear it at any time by right clicking on it to begin a new count.

Regards

Ronald

ronalds567
ronalds567
MikePruett

Latest version of the FortiOS does have little how tos, faqs, and knowledge bits

the byte listing is just the quantity of data transferred on that policy since creation or last counter reset

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

FWIW you  can clear the counters per policy or a range  via iprope diagnostic command from the cli

e.g

diag firewall iprope clear  0x100004 < policy number or numbers >

diag firewall iprope clear  0x100004 1 2 3 48 22 1222 334

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SecurityPlus

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the help.

Mike, are the how tos, faqs, and knowledge bits via the "?" at the top right of the FortiGate interface?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors