Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sw2090
Honored Contributor

IPSec dialup creating dynamic interfaces

Heyho,

I have to following strange issue:

I configured a dial up tunnel as I did many times before.

This time the tunnel does go up when I dial in with forticlient.

It also does set up the required routing.

But on the FGT it keeps creating a new interface like <nameofvpn>-0 which is not selectable anywhere gui and cli. SO I cannot get my policies to match...

Any tips anyone?

greets

Sebastian

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
4 REPLIES 4
andyway85
New Contributor II

Hello Sebastian,

The interface created is dynamic "VPNNAME_0" if a second connection is stablished you will find "VPNNAME_1" and so on and on...

The policy has to be created for the interface VPNNAME, doesn't have to match with every single dynamic interface created, at least that works for me

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Andres

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Hi Andres,

yes that is what happens. The Policy is created with VPNNAME as Src Interface just as usual. Thus incoming packets from the tunnel get dropped by Policy-0 and do not match that policy for unknown reasons...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Toshi_Esumi

I guess last time you successfully configured it was with 5.4.x or older, and you're trying the same with 5.6 or 6.0.

We fought with TAC for more than two month for the opposite situation (multiple dialup phase1s with only one peer each with BGP) but I'm still not convinced and understanding the complete picture about "net-device" introduced (they say it's been there from the beginning but hidden until now) with 5.6.3 or something like that.

Read below and dry fiddling with either "net-device enable/disable" or "tunnel-search selectors/next-hop".

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewAttachment.do?attachID=FortiOS_net-device_version-2018-06-29.pdf&docu...

If still doesn't work, I encourage you to open a case with TAC then let me know how it goes. I'm too tired to test it myself for the situation we don't use after the two months arguing back and forth with three techs (developers behind).

sw2090
Honored Contributor

nope, still on 5.4 ;)

However I found it now. 

The Policy has a schedule which was configured correctly. But a wrong timezone setting on the FGT (damn US Factory defaults *g*) made it invalid. Thus neither gui nor flow debug gave any info on that :(

On annother FGT with the same setup I get yellow triangles in Policy view and red "!" on the schedule object but not here...

this caused complete mislead in this case :\

It's now solved though...

-- 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors