Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zoriax
Contributor

IPSec Interface IP

Hello,

I need to configure with FortiManager script IPSec tunnel interface IP. For that I need to use a calculated value.

I have a meta with router IP, for example my meta is ROUTER_IP = 10.18.3.1. I wanted to "transform" this to 172.16.18.3. What I need is octet 2 and 3.

With meta calculation is it possible to "null" an octet ? For example doing something like that : 

172.16.$(ROUTER_IP :1,null,2:3:4,null)

It seem it's not possible...

Si if now, is it possible to use an "public" IP on tunnel interfaces, for example 100.18.3.1, so in this case I just need to add 100 on first octet.

$(ROUTER_IP :1,+100)

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't think you can move those "byte"s around like [byte2].[byte1].[byte4].[byte3], or in your case, 172.16.[byte2].[byte3]. Only action allowed is within each byte based on the spec:

Syntax
command... $(metafield:byte1,action:byte2,action:byte3,action:byte4,action)

For no action to the byte, you can simply skip it like $(metafield:3,+1:4,-1), etc. I would say it's a new feature request. But wait for an official answer from FTNT.

Toshi

zoriax
Contributor

Thanks for your return. So should I put "public" IPs on my VPN tunnel ? Something like 100.18.3.1 ? Or is it definitively not recommended.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors