Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Huseyn
New Contributor

IPS block traffic after upgrade.

Hi All. After updating Fortigate from 6.0.14 to 6.2.7 to 6.4.8 my traffic stopped working when I enabled IPS. Without IPS everything is ok. There were no problems before the update. Could you please advise?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

"my traffic" = what type of traffic/protocol?
"stopped working" = meaning what? is it blocked by IPS or by policy? Do you have logs - what do they say? What does the debug flow say?

There were no problems before the update." - did you have IPS enabled before the upgrade and the same UTM profiles? Have you checked that the profiles are in the same feature-mode as the policy (if policy in flow-based mode, check that all applied UTM profiles are in flow; do not mix them). 

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Huseyn

1.Any protocol. After IPS enabled devices cannot get IP.

2. I have 1 policy and inside police enabled all filters. When I disable IPS everything work. I didn't execute debug.

3. IPS enabled before upgrade in the same profile. Create new filters with default value not helped.

Fortigate using as L3 bridge. I mean Fortigate in the middle between core switch and mikrotik. Mikrotik installed in the perimeter. I am using virtual wire pair. Device use proxy-based mode.

kero
Staff
Staff

Hi, may i know if this issue is fixed? i have a similar case facing the same problem when the firewall policy enable IPS, the normal traffic drop but didn't show in IPS log, when disabling IPS, everything works fine. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors