Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rgrove
New Contributor

IOT client unable to connect to Internet

Hello, 

I recently installed my newly obtained Fortigate 61E, and updated to 7.0.3. I setup an IOT VLAN for my IOT devices. All of the devices can connect to the internet just fine, except for one exact device. After rebooting the device, that device will connect to the internet for a little while, then appears to lose connection. The entire time, the device can be pinged on the LAN with it's DHCP reservation. Looking for any recommendations, as I'm a bit new to this. 

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
bondnylium
New Contributor

Hi, I'm a new too. I had thought this was more of a logging issue, since logs showed "detected-only", but then I noticed that the action was "content-disarmed" so I looked in the CLI. Trying to turn content disarm "On" in the GUI gives me the error "Value conflicts with system settings.". So I can't use the GUI to turn this on and off.

driving directions

Yukilosa
New Contributor

Pinging the device on the LAN where it has a DHCP reservation is possible at all times. I'm looking for suggestions because I'm just starting off. amanda the adventurer

mle2802

Hi @Yukilosa

Can you execute the following command on FortiGate:

diag debug reset
diag debug flow filter addr X.X.X.X (IOT device IP)
diag debug flow show ip en
diag debug flow show func en
diag debug console time ena
diag debug ena
diag debug flow trace start 999

Regards,
Minh

Kush_Patel
Staff
Staff

Hello,

it would be a good idea to run those commands on CLI when IOT device can reach the internet and when it can not to troubleshoot the issue.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

Regards.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors