Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cybernet2025
New Contributor III

I need branch network subnet to access the internet through HQ firewall

I need to route traffic from some branch network subnet to access the internet through HQ firewall via VPN IPsec site to site tunnel.

Please advise me to solve this issue.

Please see attached file for a detail.

I need 10.2.2.0/24 at the right side to access the internet through HQ firewall at the left side.

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

without going into greater detail here, this is a matter of routing and policies.

The hosts on BR port4 need to have their default route point to the tunnel. Easy to do if you employ DHCP. Even easier if you allow ALL internet traffic to go to HQ, that is, including from the subnet on port3. If needed, you can assign (random) IP addresses to both ends of the tunnel (in the phase1 setup) which you can use as the routing gateway then.

Then, in the VPN tunnel parameters, phase2, use wildcards for the networks (= '0.0.0.0/0'), instead of the known subnet addresses.

In BR, you will already have a policy from LAN/port4 to the tunnel, I guess.

In HQ, create an additional policy from tunnel to internet, enable NAT.

In HQ, you will already have a route to the BR network on port4, pointing to the tunnel, and a policy allowing LAN to tunnel, I guess.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
cybernet2025

In BR, you will already have a policy from LAN/port4 to the tunnel, I guess. In HQ, create an additional policy from tunnel to internet, enable NAT. In HQ, you will already have a route to the BR network on port4, pointing to the tunnel, and a policy allowing LAN to tunnel, I guess.

====

Yes I have done.

Please see attached for the details.

If I configured routing 8.8.8.8/32 at BR to tunnel it's worked but it's effected to another network on branch firewall too.

I don't want to do that I just need it to effect only 10.2.2.0/24 subnet.

I want all traffic of 10.2.2.0/24 to route to tunnel and access the internet through HQ firewall.

====

HQ Policy

BR Policy

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors