Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
drtrechnology
New Contributor

I cannot visit my own website....

I work for a company and I cannot access our own website...

Yet Fortinet blocks it as gaming site and won't let me access it - I submitted a ticket to have it reclassified - did nothing still blocked as gaming.

How can I contact fortinet and have this site not blocked?

9 REPLIES 9
jiahoong112
Staff
Staff

By default, Fortigate's webfilter has the Games category set to Allowed by default. 

Web filter lookup performed here: https://www.fortiguard.com/webfilter

Your website has been categorised under the Games profile since January 2020. I have tested it on my end and found that the website is accessible with the default webfilter configuration, no problem. Ensure your Fortiguard license is valid and up to date.

Can you please attach the error message you're getting?

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
drtrechnology

Here's my issue, games are blocked by IT (cannot have people playing games and not working) I just found this out.  So they will NOT allow games.  So how can I get fortinet to recategorize this page/website so it is not a games category and I can access it.  

gaming_error.jpg

jiahoong112

Fortigate does not block Games category by default which includes this website. The screenshot you attached is Warning notification and not a Block notification. This is configured by your network or firewall admin

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
AEK
Honored Contributor

Hello

Fortinet will not change your site's category unless you change the content of you site.

In your case your FortiGate admin just have to use Web Rating Override, so it allows your site and keeps denying other gaming sites.. I think that is what you are looking for.

Otherwise I also think you should try click "Proceed" on the above Warning page and you should be redirected to your gaming site, since it looks like you FortiGate admin has only set it to Warning, not definitely denied.

AEK
AEK
sw2090
Honored Contributor

@allowea I don't think a Web Rating Override alone will do the trick. It is not the webfilter which is "blocking" the page, it is the IPS. IPS knows no whitelisting by fqdn. 

The only way here would be to either have your admin create a new policy for this website that has an IPS profile that allows access to the site without the warning page or do a rating override to some cathegory you have set to be reputable sites in SSL Inspection. This would mean the site would no longer go through ssl inspection and that would also put IPS out of effect. HOwever I would - for security reasons - not at all recomment this!

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
emilywoodss

Nice idea!

mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

In the above case, you may configure a Web Rating override for the specific web-site. You may refer to this link for the same:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-configure-web-rating-override-for-s...

BR,
Manosh

aireroyal
New Contributor

I work for a reputable company, and our website, which is essential for our business operations, is being incorrectly blocked by Fortinet's web filter. Even though our website is not related to gaming in any way, Fortinet has categorized it as a gaming site, resulting in access restrictions.

AEK
Honored Contributor

You should try to send a Web Filter Classification Rating Request.

https://www.fortiguard.com/faq/wfratingsubmit

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors