Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
techbeck
New Contributor

How to setup SMTP of FortiAuthentication with Office 365?

I try so much times and always display error.

Could anyone help me to solve this problem, or provide some document to reference? Thanks a lots!

2022-01-14 10_45_43-WINDOWS_SERVER_AD_2019_1.52 - VMware Workstation.png2022-01-14 10_46_38-WINDOWS_SERVER_AD_2019_1.52 - VMware Workstation.png2022-01-14 10_47_55-WINDOWS_SERVER_AD_2019_1.52 - VMware Workstation.png2022-01-14 10_49_24-FortiAuthenticator-VM-20211215 - VMware Workstation.png

FortiAuthenticator 

A Fader from Elden Ring
A Fader from Elden Ring
1 Solution
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey techbeck,

if you're using STARTTLS, there could be an issue with the certificate chain; you might need to import the Office 365 certificate and chain into FortiAuthenticator manually.

This KB is for Gmail, but the certificate and STARTTLS configuration would still apply to Office 365:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAuthenticator/Technical-Tip-Configure-Gmail-STARTTLS-as-mail-...

Hope that helps!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
techbeck
New Contributor

I find that maybe I need to build a Relay Server to connect my office 365 service.....I keep trying

A Fader from Elden Ring
A Fader from Elden Ring
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey techbeck,

if you're using STARTTLS, there could be an issue with the certificate chain; you might need to import the Office 365 certificate and chain into FortiAuthenticator manually.

This KB is for Gmail, but the certificate and STARTTLS configuration would still apply to Office 365:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAuthenticator/Technical-Tip-Configure-Gmail-STARTTLS-as-mail-...

Hope that helps!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
techbeck

I see! Thanks a lot. I will try to do this

BTW I try to connect my FortiAuthentication with my local SMTP sussessfully just now!

2022-01-14 15_51_38-WINDOWS_SERVER_AD_2019_1.52 - VMware Workstation.png

A Fader from Elden Ring
A Fader from Elden Ring
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors