Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
C_Fuhrmann
New Contributor

How to get rid of Fortinet

Since some days there is a "Fortinet Webfilter".

And it is blockinig pages, I want to go. 

I get the message:

FORTINET Webfilter

This Connection is Invalid. SSL certificate expired.

A secure connection to pincoya.de cannot be established.

When you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Sitepincoya.de
Certificate CN*.pincoya.de
Certificate AuthorityR3
Certificate Validity
Not Before: Dec 6 18:17:34 2021 GMT
Not After: Mar 6 18:17:33 2022 GMT
Certificate Chain
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

I dont know, where this "Fortinet" comes from. 
I dont know, how to operate this "Fortinet".
And I dont want it! 

So - how get I rid of it?

Please answers for dummies! 

1 Solution
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Fortinet Webfilter = Pages are blocked by a filter that says, for example "Block all blog pages", or "Block all gambling" pages. This can be done on 2 places:

1- your PC, through FortiClient. This application is installed on the corporate PCs to apply such filters and protect/restrict the usage of the PC. This is done automatically by your company (security department). If this is your private PC, and this software is not installed, than continue to:

2- the first firewall that filters your traffic. It can be your home FortiGate (router), a residential router, or an Internet Service provider router. If you don't have a FortiGate that you manage (and you can set up), then you need to contact the company who provides the internet connection to you. 

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You need to update certificate at the site's host like recommended in below Wordpress discussion:
https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/security-certificate-expired-1/

At the FortiGate, which is blocking sites with expired certificate, you can either create a SSL inspection profile to allow those sites (ignoring them) or skip all inspection with "no-inspection" profile. But I guess you don't want to even deal with it in your current stage of the problem. So I recommend you to solve the origin of the problem at the host.

Toshi

C_Fuhrmann

Thanks, Toshi, for your answer!
But: 
First of all, how do I update certificates of any website, witch is not me? And do you really think a dummie like me, who doesn't know, what Forti is, can update half of the world?

Second: I don't have FortiGate. So - how can I creat anythink there, without having it?

And third: There are a lot of pages, I cant surf any more. So - how can I solve the problem? (See First!)

ConnyGustavsson
New Contributor III

Hi. You have a corporate client with FortiClient installed? If so, check the clock (date/time) in the client. /C

cogus
cogus
C_Fuhrmann

What the hell is a "corporate client"? I've installed nothing, whith is name with "Forti" at all. Is is like a virus. Since some days I can't surf to sites. In before I got the message like: "Unsave site" and I could klick to a button like: "Go ahead, it's ok for me and this site".

So - where does a program come from / with, what is doing things like that?
And the main question: How do I get rid of it?

ConnyGustavsson

So, this is at home? Then I advice you talk to your Internet Service Provider to find out what's going on... /C

cogus
cogus
C_Fuhrmann

Yes - thank you! This solves the problem. See my reply to AlexC-FTNT!

AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Fortinet Webfilter = Pages are blocked by a filter that says, for example "Block all blog pages", or "Block all gambling" pages. This can be done on 2 places:

1- your PC, through FortiClient. This application is installed on the corporate PCs to apply such filters and protect/restrict the usage of the PC. This is done automatically by your company (security department). If this is your private PC, and this software is not installed, than continue to:

2- the first firewall that filters your traffic. It can be your home FortiGate (router), a residential router, or an Internet Service provider router. If you don't have a FortiGate that you manage (and you can set up), then you need to contact the company who provides the internet connection to you. 

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
C_Fuhrmann

Thanks for answering.
I now think this hits the problem. 
It's a privat computer and a private router. So I can say - I didn't install anything like "Forti". 
So I tried to trick my internet-service-provider (ISP). Made a VPN - and I could surf like before. So - that must be a filter of the ISP. 
Thank you. Looks like this solves the problem.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors