Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mpoffal
New Contributor

How to change Vlan Id on one subinterface

Hi,

I have tried to change the vlan id of a subinterface, but get the following error.

"VLAN ID or physical interface cannot be changed once a VLAN has been created. object set operator error, -522 discard the setting Command fail. Return code -522"

what would be the way to change the vlan id?

6 REPLIES 6
pcraponi
Contributor II

Did a backup. Edit you file with the new vlan ID and restore backup file. The Fortigate will reboot with the new VLAN ID...

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
jmlux
New Contributor III

What happens when you restore a config to a HA cluster? Will it be like an upgrade (secondary reboots, switch to secondary, primary reboot, switch back to primary)?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you just need to remove it once (of course any references first), then create a new one with a new vlan id.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

For HA processes there are many threads exist in the forum and this is just one of them:

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?tree=true&m=133973&mpage=1

jmlux
New Contributor III

toshiesumi wrote:

For HA processes there are many threads exist in the forum and this is just one of them:

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?tree=true&m=133973&mpage=1

Hey, that's epic, you reference one of my own threads :) However, the question I asked there was different. This is about backup/edit/restore on an AP-cluster. But you are right, I was too lazy and should have tried the search first. If I find something valuable I will report back for future reference.

MrSinners

Restoring a backup file is similar to the In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) however to prevent that one firewall can override the other firewall with previous configuration, the second firewall is rebooted before the other firewall comes back online. There is a slightly longer downtime to be expected than a normal software upgrade of an HA cluster.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors